Security incident management is complex.
It requires skills and capabilities that most organisations simply don't have. This, combined with the rate of change in organisations, and the demand for more effective and efficient security, is placing a significant strain on IT service providers.
This complexity makes it easy to overlook the people and process sides of security.
The key to fast and effective security operations is the need for consistent, evidenced-based decision making in cyber security incident management.
If you want to know how STARS can help you, contact us on 04 917 6670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a no-obligation chat or demo.
SSS STARS Managed Service
The SSS STARS Managed Service combines the skills and experience that comes from the SSS teams' 30+ years experience with the power of a leader in security orchestration, automation, and response.
The outcome for your business is the power of automation against predefined good practice playbooks and leading integrations with major software vendors.
We can help your staff become more efficient focusing on the important tasks they should be focusing on.
Base Incident Management
Our Base Incident Management is a fully managed service using a per month software and support.
It includes access to:
- the security incident management portal,
- out of the box (or paid for) orchestrations, and
- full service support.
Additional support hours can be purchased to further augment your internal team, or to investigate additional incidents if required.
Hours can be used to drive continuous improvement activities that result in lower cost or more effective security outcomes.
Service at a glance:
- Underlying service leverages best of breed orchestration, automation, and response platform.
- Competitive pricing with monthly payments and no minimum term commitment.
- Modular and scalable - designed to augment existing teams, not replace them.
- Client centric threat intelligence to support cyber context in decision making.
- Extensive set of capabilities across cyber security operations.
- Incident response services to support stretched resources.
- Advanced event triage with automation and advanced orchestration.
- Real-time metrics from across the platform, including return on investment across the automations and remediations.
- Configurable dashboards to provide insights into what is happening.
- Advanced case management to support consistent incident processes and data enrichment.
- Single point of incident management across multiple platforms and teams.
- Predefined toolsets and playbooks to help with rapid onboading of new staff.
- Configurable levers for automation thresholds.
Samples of screenshots:
This includes the design, implementation, and ongoing management of client playbooks additional to those included in the Base Incident Management Service.
The service will support client-only implementations and are sized based on complexity:
- Low Complexity: Services that typically require out of the box integrations or processes that have < 3 process levels.
- Medium Complexity: Services that typically require out of the box integrations or processes that have < 5 process levels.
- High Complexity: Services that typically require custom integrations or processes that have > 5 process levels.
Security Analyst Assistance
The STARS service provides the mechanism for client security teams to provide efficient and effective remediation of security incidents.
Many clients don't have a dedicated security team, or are busy with new projects or business as usual activities.
From time to time companies may need additional help with their incident management or automations. We have options for 5, 10 and 15 hour bundles per month to be used for any STARS service.
Specific Service Components
The SSS STARS Managed Service can help you discover vulnerabilities and surface indicators of compromise for analysis.
We can help you validate impacts through the analysis of known threats
Automation and Orchestration
Automated outcomes help you improve consistency and increase the efficiency of your teams.
The SSS STARS Managed Service provides and effective and efficient response to events and actions.
The SSS STARS Managed Service helps you remediate known threats using new or existing toolsets to improve mean time to remediate.