Our custom modules offer bespoke solutions to help you get the best out of your email security initiatives.
These are our own modules we developed specifically with our clients and their needs in mind.
In an ever-changing threat landscape it is good to know that your technology will have your back
Cyber attackers are getting more and more sophisticated, and they are constantly looking for a way into your environment. The SSS Email Security Custom Modules, our ITModules, provide you with solutions that typical email gateways fail to provide.
You can read more about our solutions below.
Need help understanding your current email security setup?
We can help with our comprehensive Email Security Assessment Service.
RecallIT® preserves your organisation's professional image by allowing e-mail users to recall faulty messages before they leave your organisation. It facilitates the management and review of "sensitive" emails by internal recipients before they are released to external recipients. It is available either as a stand alone "appliance", or integrated with MIMEsweeper.
RecallIT® allows you to get those faulty messages back and gives you another chance.
RecallIT® can eliminate the embarrassment of mistakenly sending a message:
- That is incomplete (e.g. forgetting to include an attachment referred to in the body, or pressing "send" too early by mistake)
- To an unintended recipient
- With content you discover is out of date or incorrect immediately after sending it. (e.g. copying a message, changing the address but forgetting to change the salutation)
- Containing more than you intended (e.g. forgetting to take old e-mail content and attachments off when replying or forwarding)
- Containing wrong words which are spelled correctly (e.g. Retards instead of Regards, Toady instead of Today or Bets Wishes instead of Best Wishes)
- To external parties that is intended for internal circulation only
RecallIT® briefly holds e-mail before it leaves your site. This gives you a chance to recall the message if necessary.
RecallIT® also allows individual emails to be held indefinitely until they are either explicitly approved for release or deleted. This together with informational subject line parameters and configurable permissions means that internal email senders/reviewers can get sensitive emails just right prior to releasing to external recipients.
RecallIT® uses Subject Line Parameters to override the default delay on a message-by-message basis. Urgent messages can be "stamped" to leave immediately if required. Other messages can be stamped as embargoed until specific times. Embargoing allows sensitive information to be released to all interested parties at a specified time or for large mail outs to be sent during work hours but not transmitted until after working hours.
Read more about RecallIT® solution
Back to the top
Quarantine Area Management
ReleaseIT® for MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ allows authorised users to release selected classes of e-mail stopped by MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ without assistance from IT staff.
ReleaseIT® gives you all the benefits of MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ but with:
- Faster Decisions by empowering those with the judgement needed to make informed decisions about the suitability of selected content.
- Increased Privacy by delivering control to authorised message senders and recipients.
- Better Security by eliminating the need to authorise end users for direct access to quarantine areas and by avoiding the need to use IIS on the MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ server.
- Increased Accountability by providing comprehensive audit logging and message copy capabilities.
- Lower Administration Cost by simplifying content security policy, minimising policy maintenance, & simplifying multi machine deployment.
Read more about ReleaseIT® solution
Back to the top
SecureIT® is SSS's own email solution that gives you transparent and easy-to-use policy based S/MIME signing and encryption of e-mail at the gateway.
SecureIT® works as a stand-alone SMTP relay or with Clearswift's MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ to ensure that:
- Message content remains confidential during transmission over the public network
- Recipients can be certain about the authenticity and integrity of messages they receive
- Control and management of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) necessary for this process is maintained at a single point PMDF
Encryption provides privacy for content as it passes across the public network. Digital signatures provide proof that a message is from who it appears to be from and that it has not been tampered with during transmission. But these processes can create some problems.
SecureIT® helps you solve:
- Exposure to content threats.
- Orphaned data that can't be decrypted.
- Unauthorised transfer of confidential information.
- The complexity of managing and synchronising all the public and private keys necessary to run the process.
Read more about the SecureIT® solution
Back to the top
Message Traffic Management
StopIT® for MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ allows you to smooth out peaks in mail traffic volume and to protect internal mail systems from volume based denial of service attacks.
StopIT® gives you all the benefits of MIMEsweeper for SMTP™ but with:
- Improved Traffic Volume Management by providing filtering based on volume and message numbers transmitted in nominated time intervals.
- Increased Resilience by providing management of incorrectly constructed SMTP transmissions.
- Better Security by removing relay headers added by MIMEsweeper for SMTP and other servers as messages pass through the mail system.
StopIT® can operate in Monitor Only mode.
Let StopIT® monitor the traffic through your MIMEsweeper SMTP gateway to establish accurate representative maxima for normal message volume and numbers for all sending users and domains. Then use this information to protect your site from abnormal traffic patterns.
Possible uses of StopIT® are when:
- Your mail system users create very high volumes of low priority mail by mailing large messages to large mailing lists. StopIT® can identify unusual volume patterns, tag messages for parking by MIMEsweeper for SMTP, and for release by MIMEsweeper for SMTP at off peak times.
- You want a report of the typical maximum volume or number of messages sent by a user or from a domain in a specified period of time (e.g. minute, hour, day).
- Worm virus infection at one of your business partner's sites results in large numbers of infected messages hitting your site, constituting an attempted denial of service attack.
- Your system suffers from mail loops as might occur if "out of office attendants" get chatting, or an internal recipient is automatically forwarding messages to an external account that fills up and generates error messages which are then sent back to the internal recipient.
- You wish to conceal the content scanning mechanisms used on your outgoing e-mail, as well as the internal route that the mail has travelled to reach the intended recipients.
Read more about the StopIT® solution
Back to the top
Active Code Removal
StripIT® identifies macros and active code in OpenOffice and Microsoft Office documents and removes these sources of risk, allowing the modified document to be delivered to the intended recipients.
- StripIT® identifies macros and active code in OpenOffice (Writer, Calc, Impress) and Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and optionally removes these sources of risk, allowing the modified document to be delivered to the intended recipients free of macros and active code.
- StripIT® processes documents inside ZIP, 7Z, TAR, CAB, MIME & BZIP containers. Modified documents are returned to the archive container for delivery. StripIT® also reads RAR containers and writes another supported format if necessary.
- StripIT® identifies nominated file types and can strip them off messages before transmission. It also allows identification of Information Rights Management (IRM) access permissions and the presence of orphaned data structures in some documents.
Read more about the StripIT® solution
Back to the top