April 20, 2020 | Ashton Jones, General Manager, SSS - IT Security Specialists
Our people and culture are a large part of what makes SSS a special place to work.
As a company we invest a lot of resource into having an environment that leads to employee satisfaction, engagement and collaboration.
We offer a range of things to achieve this including:
- development programmes
- great workplace and tools
- community involvement opportunities
- various events and social get togethers
- flexible hours and working arrangements
- catered lunch for staff
- snack food and drinks.
- Many of these things are redundant whilst we are in lockdown and we have had to come up with other creative ways to connect.
Given physical distancing measures and the social isolation it's more important now than ever for businesses to invest in creating digital social connections. This is crucial for our company's culture, but more importantly for the mental health of our staff.
Providing video conferencing tools like Teams and Zoom are a good start.
We have put these to good use with:
- client meetings
- staff check-ins and one on ones.
- company video calls to discuss working from home, the Prime Minister's updates and a answering questions from staff
- Friday social catch-ups - quizzes (https://www.crowdpurr.com/)
- Bingo (https://bingobaker.com/)
- participate in home cooking challenges
For our next Friday social catch-up we are looking at options for online team games (the frontrunner is currently https://www.jackboxgames.com).
If you have any ideas of activities, or your own experiences, then I would love to hear from you.
I am also happy to share more detail on the online activities we have engaged on with anyone who is interested.