Our experienced consultants are happy to discuss your security challenges.Contact us today > * Please enter a valid email Submit Submitting... * All fields are required
Meet Tim, our Chief Architect
Tim Jackson is an accomplished architect who recently joined our team as our Chief Architect.
As our Chief Architect Tim owns our managed services and works with our team to develop and enhance these.
Tim has extensive IT experience in both the public and private sector. Tim offers a diverse set of skills and with his strong relationship management, strategic thinking and problem solving skills, will help us build upon our existing end-to-end services, develop new services that meet customer demands, and complement our existing specialist skill-set.
Tim is an innovator and futurist who considers IT Security an integral element in good architecture. He is committed and passionate about delivering sustainable and effective client outcomes through gaining a clear understanding of customer needs.
Examples of some of Tim's achievements
- Leading a project to implement Desktop as a Service for all of government.
- Leading the architecture for a Shared Services Organisation project for three local Wellington Councils.
- Leading the architecture of a Telecommunications as a Service project.
- Establishing better architecture and governance at a large Government organisation.
- Regional (APAC) Dimension Data Technical Excellence Award in 2014 for his leadership and experience in creation of a 3D Workspace service.
Summary of qualifications and skills
Tim has a particular strength in relationship management and working closely with customers to fully understand their needs, and provide strategic advice, guidance and leadership around effective architecture, service design and implementation.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Realtime Computing Systems and HCI (University of Gloucestershire / Oxford)
- Higher National Diploma - Mechanical & Electrical Engineering (Chippenham Technical College)
- City and Guilds in Computer Aided Design (Chippenham Technical College)
- Application and data architecture
- Business process re-engineering
- Cloud and best practice
- Networks and Security
“We contacted SSS because their experience across government and with the Parliamentary Service in particular, means... ”
“"The cybersecurity sessions were well attended and the staff got a lot out of Gavin's non-technical approach and real...”
“Shearwater Solutions provided us with an excellent portal with a lot of automated interfaces and reporting modules wh...”
“We have been SSS customers for many years, initially for support and procurement of email messaging services from Pro...”
“Our engagement with SSS started a couple of years ago, to provide us with Sophos antivirus and management tools. SSS ...”
“I was impressed with the level of detail that SSS sought regarding our platforms and usage, as in my experience, ...”
“SSS is much more than just a local reseller; they’re IT security specialists, they provide a whole solution including...”